What addictions can be treated in Louisiana
Much like the rest of the country, Louisiana has many people who struggle every day with substance abuse disorders and addiction. Thankfully, there are rehab centers across Louisiana that offer treatment options for multiple addictions. These include free and state-funded rehabs as well as those covered by Medicaid and health insurance plans.
Some of the most common forms of addiction and substance abuse that are treated in Louisiana include:
- Stimulant addiction (meth, cocaine, Adderall, etc)
- Alcohol addiction
- Opioid addiction (heroin, fentanyl, painkillers)
- Benzodiazepine addiction (Xanax, valium, etc)
- Behavioral addiction (porn, gambling, social media, etc)
- Inhalant abuse (whippets, glue, etc)
Louisiana addiction statistics
- Drug deaths increased 16% from 23.8 to 27.5 deaths per 100,000 population in Louisiana between 2017 and 2019
- Adults who avoided care due to treatment cost decreased 34% from 17.6% to 11.6%in Louisiana between 2016 and 2020
- Louisiana saw a 48% increase in drug overdose deaths during the 2020 calendar year
What treatment options are available in Louisiana?
Many people in Louisiana struggle with substance abuse disorders, so you aren’t alone. Thankfully, rehab centers in Louisiana offer treatment depending on your age, specific needs, and addiction.
Some treatment options you can expect include Behavioral therapy, intensive outpatient services, residential services, and supervised detox delivered by trained professionals.
Here are some rehab centers in Louisiana you can check out:
Residential rehab centers in Louisiana
- Acadiana Recovery Center
Louisiana rehab centers that offer Outpatient services
- CADA adolescent treatment center
Gateway Recovery Systems
Louisiana rehab centers for teens and young adults
- Allen Outreach Inc
Louisiana detox centers
- Baton Rouge Area Alcohol and Drug Center Inc
How do I pay for rehab in Louisiana?
You don’t have to break your bank to get the necessary addiction treatment. Many rehab facilities today allow different types of payments so that you can get help from healthcare professionals to beat your addiction.
Rehab facilities in Louisiana also accept military insurance such as Tricare, private health insurance, or self-payment through cash or credit cards.
Other alternatives for payment include using crowdfunding facilities like GoFundMe or securing scholarships from community-based programs to cover the treatment costs.
Government assistance for rehab treatment in Louisiana
The Office of Behavioral Health under the Louisiana Department of Health offers treatment and recovery programs and services to individuals dealing with drug addiction, alcohol, or gambling. They also offer support to their families and friends of those battling addiction.
Some treatment programs include withdrawal management, Opiate treatment programs, residential care, and recovery homes. Their services are family and evidence-based to be effective in the long run.
You can reach out to them via Healthy Louisiana at 1-855-229-6848.