- As luxury rehab patients can often be high-powered professionals, some facilities will have a business center and other amenities to manage a career during addiction treatment
- Ensuring that a high-end treatment center offers the right treatment program for a specific addiction and having a proven track record of successful recovery for their patients is paramount when choosing a luxury rehab
- Some may provide a comfortable place to detox but can’t or won’t include tailored therapies that can help identify the underlying causes of a person's addiction, helping them build long-term solutions for sobriety
The idea of residential rehab can seem like a daunting prospect for those looking to detox and begin treatment for substance abuse. Attending luxury facilities can offer a comfortable and relaxing stay and the most cutting-edge remedies to help beat addiction.
Table of contents:
What are luxury rehabs like?
Drug and alcohol addiction and abuse are not reserved for anyone socioeconomic demographic, with even the most affluent members of society being susceptible to addiction. In fact, a study showed that people from higher economic standing were more likely to binge drink and just as likely to abuse other drugs as people from different economic backgrounds.
In other words, anyone can become addicted to substances and behaviors, and treatment is needed across the board.
Those with a better financial standpoint tend to opt for luxury, upmarket rehab facilities. These rehab centers, while often coming with a hefty price tag, offer a relaxing stay in often idyllic surroundings (beaches, up mountains, country manors, forest retreats, etc.) and usually have the most up-to-date and varied treatment options available. This, paired with top-end amenities such as spa treatments, make luxury rehab an incredibly comfortable place to get free of drugs and alcohol.
These rehabs are also often secluded and have minimal technology and heightened security. For this reason, these rehabs are the preferred option for high profile individuals such as CEOs, celebrities, athletes, and other people who prefer for their time in rehab to remain confidential. As luxury rehab patients can often be high-powered professionals, some facilities will have a business center and other amenities to manage a career during addiction treatment.
Ready to Talk About Treatment?
24/7 confidential advice
- - Information on your nearest treatment centre
- - Supportive guidance, whenever you need it
- - Clarity on your finance options
What should I consider when looking for luxury rehabs near me?
Some luxury rehab centers may not focus on or treat the specific requirements of a person's substance abuse or may not offer ongoing treatment programs and coping mechanisms. Some may provide a comfortable place to detox but can’t or won’t include tailored therapies that can help identify the underlying causes of a person's addiction, helping them build long-term solutions for sobriety.
Some luxury treatment centers tend to focus on the ‘relaxation’ aspect of a patient's stay and can underdeliver the care required to lead to successful recovery. This can be challenging for luxury centers to maintain as an intensive treatment process can often put patients in uncomfortable positions or cause short-term distress but are necessary for treatment to be successful.
To ensure that you get the treatment you need to increase the chances of successful recovery, and it is best to inquire whether a center offers the following:
- Availability of medically supported detox services
- Range of individual therapy and support services
- Ability to treat co-occurring mental health disorders
- Treatment of addiction for the specific substance in question
- Prevalence of peer support in addition to individualized treatment
- Provision of medical maintenance if needed
- Research-based treatments
- Holistic approaches (equine therapy, art therapy, music therapy, massage therapy, etc.)
- Exercise and or recreational activities
Luxury rehab amenities
Luxury rehab facilities will often have amenities that are akin to luxury resorts. Typical forms of high-end amenities include:
- Horseback riding, rock climbing, swimming, leisure sports, and tennis
- Fitness centers
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Serene settings
- Personal trainer
- Exercise facilities and programs
- Massage and physical therapy
- Concierge and room service
- Private chefs/gourmet meals
- Holistic therapy
There is also the added benefit of fewer patients being treated at a given time, making activities and treatment more personalized and focused.
Quality of care in a luxury rehab
While comfort and lifestyle are big draws for luxury rehab centers, they don’t mean anything if the care and treatment provided aren’t effective. Ensuring that a high-end treatment center offers the right treatment program for a specific addiction and having a proven track record of successful recovery for their patients is paramount when choosing a luxury rehab.
According to the journal Psychiatric Services, the key to successful long-term recovery from addiction is to complete a course of intensive treatment that focuses on the substance or behavior and the psychological aspects of the individual that contribute to addiction. Without these services, those looking to overcome addiction face a higher probability of relapse and other substance or behavioral abuse.
For the highest chance of success, these treatments are often recommended to be completed in a residential facility, free of distraction and influence from the outside world. Intensive outpatient treatment can also be effective. It requires more dedication and discipline from the patient to avoid temptation.
Getting the best value out of luxury rehab
We all want to make sure we are getting the best for the money we spend, and the same is true of luxury rehab centers. When choosing a luxury addiction treatment program, the highest cost to factor in is whether the treatment, medical assistance, and therapies provided are the best for you and the type of addiction or co-occurring disorder you have.
Upscale amenities and location should always be seen as perks; add-ons that make the treatment provided more manageable and not the defining factor when choosing a rehab facility near you.